Monday, August 12, 2013

My use of the "F" word offends people.


I have been made aware that SOME people on Facebook are offended by my postings using the "F" word when expressing my hate towards my cancer. 
I offered the changing the view my postings or to UNLIKE me. I'm not afraid to loose these friends at this point in my life. I realise the "F" word is harsh and can be offensive  What what more appropriate way to use this word than when you have been diagnosed with a cancer that could kill you and has killed thousands every year! 
For me the statistics (1,890 die) are my reason to say FUCK CANCER! In fact the word fuck doesn't even describe my anger! 
The American Cancer society's for soft tissue sarcomas in the United States for 2013 are (these statistics include both adults and children):
  • About 11,410 new soft tissue sarcomas will be diagnosed (6,290 cases in males and 5,120 cases in females).
  • 4,390 Americans (2,500 males and 1,890 females) are expected to die of soft tissue sarcomas.
The most common types of sarcoma in adults are malignant fibrous histiocytoma, liposarcoma, and leiomyosarcoma. Certain types are more common in certain areas of the body than others. For example, leiomyosarcomas are the most common abdominal sarcoma, while liposarcomas and malignant fibrous histiocytomas are most common in legs. But pathologists (doctors who specialize in diagnosing cancers by how they look under the microscope), may not always agree on the exact type of sarcoma. Sarcomas of uncertain type are very common.
Mr Lumpy the grumpy Sarcoma is not so photogenic! Fucker!

No comments: